Welcome Shopify

October 13, 2010 in Blog.

Today we can finally announce a collaboration we have been working on with the smart guys at Shopify for the past few months.

Shopify is a very easy to use, hosted solution for anyone, especially those without programming skills, wanting to sell products online – in minutes you can create your online store! Cost effectively. The Shopify App Store allows you to purchase additional features to further enhance the functionality you offer your customers, whilst the theme store allows you to skin your store however you like, fitting your brand identity. It provides a specialized e-commerce solution for a different type of user to that of WordPress.

When Daniel Weinand, CDO at Shopify, contacted us about porting some of our e-commerce designs to their platform we were thrilled to be considered and knew we could offer real value, gained from our experience with developing themes for WordPress and other CMS platforms.

Today the months of hard graft is finally unleashed on the Shopify community, and you can now purchase some very slick WooThemes for your Shopify store.

Air Theme - by Chris Rowe

Coquette Theme - by James MacDonald

WooStore - by Magnus Jepson

Don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten about our loyal WordPress evangelists, you can expect all three of these themes with our new e-commerce WP framework that we have blogged about recently and hope to release soon.

In the mean time our Shopify fanboys and fangirls can head on over to the theme listings to find out more.

WooCommerce Bookings

28 Responses

1. PremiumThemeClub
    13 October 2010 at 4:31 pm #

Looking awesome designed stuff. This could give great choice to other e commerce theme available in the market place.

• el Rafa
      14 October 2010 at 2:52 pm #

For those that need a low-cost solution immediately (vs. the expensive and limited-out-of-the-box Shopify), check out FoxyCart. It integrates easily with WordPress (or pretty much any other CMS) along with your existing WooTheme(s) easily.

FoxyCart supports downloadable products without any paid add-ons (unlike Shopify), is freed during your site development, charges a flat rate of only $19/mo after your store goes live, and can even cache your HTML+CSS+graphics for use in during secure checkout.

Hopefully Woo is working on additional integration with FoxyCart…!

• el Rafa
        14 October 2010 at 2:54 pm #

That is, *free* during your site development… ;)

2. Jason H.
    13 October 2010 at 4:32 pm #

Looks awesome. BTW: you guys had previously mentioned possibly granting beta access to the new e-commerce framework this week. Is that still the plan? If so, where do we sign up?

• Mark Forrester
      13 October 2010 at 4:33 pm #

No such luck yet, and can’t provide an E.T.A yet either I’m afraid. Still hard at work.

• Jason H.
        13 October 2010 at 4:34 pm #

No worries… that hard work will be greatly appreciated! Thanks Mark! Again, great work on these designs.

3. Dave
    13 October 2010 at 4:42 pm #

Nice work guys! Ah man and i’ve just finished off a custom shopify project for a client :( maybe next time!!

4. Matthew Guay
    13 October 2010 at 4:47 pm #

Wait, looks like the bigger news is that you’ve got iPhones for sell for $9 and iPads for $80. Where’s the store? I’m all ready to give it a test run :)

5. Alex Newman
    13 October 2010 at 5:01 pm #

Shopify charges a per transaction fee… a dealbreaker for me

6. koni
    13 October 2010 at 5:25 pm #

Very good please, but in honest opinion, woo customers should come first…by this clause I mean that you concentrated on releasing of items for subscribers always before other things, themes nice but please always subscribers should enter first.

• Mark Forrester
      13 October 2010 at 6:18 pm #

Don’t worry, we have enough resources to be working on numerous projects at once, with our WP community obviously taking top priority. A big theme release should be available very soon…

7. Christopher Schell
    13 October 2010 at 7:46 pm #

Great work guys! I love your strategy — create good looking, functional themes for proven platforms. I’ve used your WP themes, now I’m looking forward to shopify! Any plans of a canvas-like theme?

• Mark Forrester
      14 October 2010 at 3:23 pm #

We’ll see how the sales go with our Shopify themes and if they prove popular we’ll definitely consider it.

8. Scott Webb
    13 October 2010 at 8:48 pm #

I’ve looked at shopify in the past – $180 for the theme over there is pretty good.

Are these the same designs that will be set for the WP E-Commerce Theme you guys have been working on?

Also, any set up like Tumblr where members would get that theme at a significant discount?

I love the clean feeling of Shopify but I’d probably like to talk to someone using it.

• Mark Forrester
      14 October 2010 at 3:25 pm #

These are the themes we’ll be using for the Woo-Commerce framework, along with another one we have been working on.

Unfortunately no discounts from/for Shopify yet. We’ll obviously keep you guys up to date if that position changes.

9. Peter Ricci
    14 October 2010 at 1:15 am #

Designs are clean. Shopify is a bit of a pain of a solution though. The WordPress world desperately needs its own solution for the little people. I am currently using Magento for a few clients and it is quite simply terrible for the end user and horrific to design for.

• Mark Forrester
      14 October 2010 at 3:26 pm #

Hi Peter. Stay tuned for more news on Magento :)

• Jason H.
        14 October 2010 at 3:28 pm #

Whoaly crap… does that mean what I think it means, Mark?

10. David H
    14 October 2010 at 2:27 am #

Looking forward to these themes being released as WP themes with ecommerce functionality built in and available as part of the subscription.

11. Ryan Meashaw
    14 October 2010 at 4:25 am #

I work with both WordPress and Shopify so it’s great to see the merging of the two worlds! Both are a pleasure to work with and I think this is a good move for everyone involved. Definitely some great looking themes and an asset to the Shopify community.

12. Pedro Nakamura
    14 October 2010 at 6:49 pm #

Great work guys! Absolutely love the details; I’m now researching what I can sell just to use these themes ;-)

13. Chelsea
    20 October 2010 at 1:43 am #

We use shopify, and I have to say I love it. My husband and I have also developed custom themes for a few of our web development customers. I have to say they are worth every penny as far as I am concerned.

Glad to see WooThemes partnering with them, and bringing such quality templates to the mix.

:-)

14. virtual
    22 October 2010 at 5:31 am #

Hello everyone, my question to the developpers is: Will WooThemes release a premium theme similar to Shopify (feature and end user interactivity wise)? If not, do you offer themes that allow the admins to custom create forms/fields from the WP panel while being integrated in a databse?

Pardon my “amateurness” but I’m looking all across and I cant seem to find a decent theme that can perform such tasks, all the Forms plugins running on WordPress are pretty limited and hardly integrate with a database, say for example a listing of a product or venue, where the end user can 1)Register 2)Create an ad 3)Make payments for the ad listing 4)The ad allows him/her to post a product or list a venue under a given category based on the form with custom generated fields by the admin.

I appreciate any feedback or direction provided, and by all means, if you’re planning on releasing such themes in the future, I’ll be the first to purchase.

Thank you kindly.

15. Igor Soyka
    22 October 2010 at 5:24 pm #

Do you plan to put these ideas with Webstores.Amazon.com ?

16. riisu
    25 October 2010 at 8:01 am #

Great stuff!

17. iPlugTech
    3 November 2010 at 3:05 pm #

i would like to have another payment option – Offline Payment. Is it possible ?

Trackbacks/Pingbacks