Are you a WordPress talent and a WooThemes culture fit?
Hello and welcome. We’re WooThemes, a proudly bootstrapped WordPress business with roots and headquarters in sunny Cape Town, South Africa. Our distributed team spans 16 countries and we’re known for our range of 400+ tried and trusted themes and plugins for extending WordPress-powered websites.
When it comes to growing our team we don’t look for a certain type of person. In fact, we believe most brilliant people are a little bit crazy. Whoever you are and wherever you’re roaming, we’ll simply ask that you add your uniqueness to our company culture and become an engaged member of the team.
Remember, you’ll largely be interacting with the rest of the Woo team online, staying up to date and building relationships via a range of applications. But you’ll also get to come on our much anticipated annual WooTrip – where we gather somewhere fun and get to know each other better as one big group. Last time it was San Francisco, next time who knows…
We’re permanently looking for, and open to advances from talented and passionate individuals with Woo factor, so even if the vacancies below don’t fit your skill-set do reach out to us. We might just be your next best thing.
- The ability to work remotely
- Choose your own adventure: set your own schedule
- 22 vacation days
- We observe all bank holidays (country-specific). If your bank is closed for a national holiday, you’re off.
- Monthly goodies from Uncover
- Fitbit when you join
- Yearly stipend towards your tech setup
- Annual international WooTrip; past trips include Austria, London, Cape Town, Amsterdam & San Francisco
- WordCamp travel allowance
- Team meetups
Woo Happiness Engineer
As a Woo Happiness Engineer, helping people is your passion. You’re driven by a desire to educate and teach others about the possibilities of WordPress, WooThemes, and WooCommerce.
We’re currently hiring for both WooThemes and WooCommerce support roles. These positions are full-time and require a firm grasp of WordPress, along with our theme and plugin offerings.
Our goal is to build relationships based on trust which result in happy, passionate, loyal customers and colleagues through listening to their needs and guiding them to the fullest use of the products we offer. We are looking for people with the right mix of compassion, writing skills, and technical knowledge to get the job done.
As a Woo Happiness Engineer, your day-to-day work will include:
- Answering customer support requests related to WooCommerce Core and Extensions and/or themes and plugins
- Debugging customer sites and resolving product issues
- Product bug reporting and applying fixes
- Spotting and acting upon request trends and customer feedback
- Working to continuously improve all product and support channels
Being a Woo Happiness Engineer requires:
- A strong customer-centric approach
- Great written communication skills
- Deep experience with WordPress
- Familiarity with CSS, jQuery, and PHP
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and a penchant for learning
- Some familiarity with Github, Sass, and modern design techniques
- Basic knowledge of WordPress themes, plugin hooks, and filters
- Working knowledge of WooCommerce
- The WordPress.org and WooCommerce forums are fantastic places to gain the experience required for this position. If you are already active there, let us know! Send a link to your forum profile and we’ll check it out.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a resumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.