Add a PayPal Express Checkout Option to Your Cart
Hate worrying about SSL certificates and PCI compliance? We hear you.
PayPal Express can handle all security for your store’s checkout process by allowing it to happen on PayPal secure servers instead of on your website. Not only do you gain customers’ trust by associating with and accepting PayPal, but you also gain peace of mind that comes with knowing security is handled for you.
The PayPal Express gateway integration for WooCommerce allows users to skip the WooCommerce checkout and use PayPal instead. When customers view their cart, they are given the option to pay with PayPal or proceed to the WooCommerce checkout.
When using the PayPal Express option, customers are taken directly to PayPal to authorize funds, and then return to your store to choose shipping and pay. Since the checkout process does not occur on your website, an SSL certificate is not required and you don’t have to stress over PCI compliance. Pretty great, huh?
Why Choose PayPal Express?
- Gain the trust by offering customers’ favorite payment method: PayPal
- Accept Major Credit/Debit Cards – Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, Discover® and PayPal®
- Provide a fast, seamless check – no more “Review Order” screen!
- Shipping and tax info sent to PayPal when order is placed
- Allow guest checkout with PayPal Express
- Accept payments in almost any currency (to see a full list of accepted currencies, please see PayPal’s approved currency list)
- Require the buyer to accept terms & conditions before checkout
- Charge orders immediately or authorize and capture directly from WooCommerce
- Express checkout buttons are displayed in the mini-cart widget
- Spend 0 seconds worrying about SSL certificates and security
Gain Customer Trust by Offering PayPal Services
Online shoppers love the convenience and security of PayPal, where they can pay from their PayPal balance, debit or credit card, or bank account. The PayPal logo also reassures buyers who may be unfamiliar with your website.
PayPal states that sales increase on average 18% after adding PayPal. With more than 100 million users worldwide, adding PayPal as a payment option to your WooCommerce store won’t go unnoticed.
Capture Charges directly in WooCommerce
Some users choose to set the payment gateway to only authorize charges rather than authorize & capture them. However, this requires the user to then log into the payment gateway admin to capture charges.
Versions 3.0+ of this extension allow you to optionally capture previously authorized transactions directly from the WooCommerce Edit Order screen rather than logging into your PayPal account . Simply edit the order, select “Capture Charge,” and charges are captured with PayPal.
When customers are sent to PayPal to select payment information, they return with the checkout page pre-filled with information from PayPal. They can also add a shipping address if needed, and update shipping options. This information will be re-sent to PayPal when the order is finalized.
Stop Worrying about Security
With PayPal Express, you can rest easy knowing that PayPal is taking care of security for you. All payment processing occurs on PayPal secure servers so you don’t have to worry about handling sensitive payment information on your site. Focus on improving your bottom line instead of fretting over PCI compliance!
How to Get Started
- Buy this extension
- Download and install in your WooCommerce store
- Log into your PayPal Business account (sign up if you don’t already have an account) and grab your API ID/Key
- Save this info on the settings page (see our documentation for help)
Need more reason to buy? When you purchase a SkyVerge-developed extension, you’re getting the highest quality extensions for your WooCommerce store. Gain peace of mind by knowing that your store’s performance is as important to us as it is to you.